Project Closure Phase is the last phase of the Project Life Cycle. The commencement of the Project Closure Phase is determined by the completion of all Project Objectives and acceptance of the end product by the customer.
Project Closure includes the following tasks:
- Release of the resources, both staff and non-staff, and their redistribution and reallocation to other projects, if needed.
- Closure of any financial issues like labour, contract etc.
- Collection and Completion of All Project Records.
- Archiving of All Project Records.
- Documenting the Issues faced in the Project and their resolution. This helps other projects to plan for such type of issues in the Project Initiation Phase itself.
- Recording Lessons Learnedand conducting a session with the Project Team on the same. This helps in the productivity improvement of the team and helps identify the dos and donts of the Project.
- Celebrate the Project Completion. Its party time folks!!!